Monday, July 22, 2013

Attending a 500 hour training -Day 1

posted May 27, 2013, 10:37 PM by Corey Jean Jones
"I have never been so prepared for anything in my life". That is what I told my mom this morning. This afternoon the Universe through me for a loop when I got a call telling me I was missing the first day of training. WHAT?! Yea, the only place I ever saw the date listed was apparently wrong. So deep yoga breathing and a little bit of speeding and I arrived. The practice was great and then a raw vegan dinner. Eating vegan is new to me and I'm looking forward to the new experience. One girl said her diet is too rigid to eat the meals with us so she just ate tangerines. As personalities emerge I start to feel like I'm on an episode of "Survivor". People's needs and habits and attachments are so strong initially. Especially for a group that practices non-attachment according to the "Yoga Sutras". I realized I had expected a group of crunchy hippies who had dreads and a stronger attachment to Earth consciousness than to coffee. I was wrong. I, of all people, know that yoga teachers are just people. We try to better our selves physically, spiritually, and mentally but we are no where near perfect. I am learning to recognize without judgement that people are on their own path and doing the best they can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment