1) Do no harm. Be kind to yourself. I will usually offer alternatives to a pose. Please take them and listen to your body foremost. Also, do no harm mentally. Be aware of negative self talk. This is a safe environment so just do the best you can.
2) Path of self discovery. Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. Give yourself time and patience and the practice will open up and reveal a path of self discovery.
Do not talk about Yoga Boot Camp! Just kidding ;)
3) Have fun! This isn't a serious holding hands with your inner child class at all times. We play crazy music and joke and build a community of yogis.
4) Discover your edge. Learn to work at your edge in strength training, stretches and yoga postures. Work hard without over straining. Yoga poses should be comfortable once you learn to find the "sweet spot".
5) Take the yoga with you. Take the peaceful calm feeling you get on the mat and apply it to your life off the mat.